Here's some details about me and how I work:
This list is not exhaustive but will give you a good idea of what sort of issues I can help with:
- Anxiety, including panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias, separation anxiety, generalised anxiety
- Depression and ongoing 'low mood', including perinatal
- Stress, including work-related, major life changes
- Trauma: difficulties arising from experiencing traumatic events or circumstances
- Parenting issues including attachment, managing behaviour, confidence as a parent
- Childhood issues, including anxiety, friendships, confidence, managing anger
- Adolescent issues, including peer relationships, identity, worth, body image, goals, study skills
- Social skills - all ages
- Obsessions, compulsions and habits
- Grief and loss, including during pregnancy
- Adjustment - responding to major life challenges and change
There are some specific areas that are outside my range of skills and interests. If you needs help with any of these I can refer you to another psychologist: family therapy, couples counselling, addictions, eating disorders, learning disorders, educational assessments, Autism assessment, neuropsychological assessments, careers/vocational counselling and family court matters. If you are not sure whether we can work together because of the nature of your issue, please feel free to email or call me to discuss it in confidence.
I am fortunate to work with several colleagues together in Canning Vale under the banner of Amherst Psychology. Between us, we cover a wide range of issues and client preferences so pleasecall our friendly receptionist on 9456 0411 to discuss your needs.
- Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Masters of Applied Psychology.
- I have the qualifications to be provisionally registered as a Clinical Psychologist once I commence the relevant supervision process.
I work full days on Mondays and Thursdays and part days on Tuesday and Wednesday.