Before your first appointment, here are some things you might like to know:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to complete some paperwork
- Please bring your referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan from your GP, if applicable
- Appointments last between 50 and 60 minutes
- Whilst I do my best to finish each appointment within the hour, there will sometimes be a short wait
- Think about what you are hoping to gain from therapy. If you're not sure, consider: "What would I like to be doing differently after a few sessions?"
We require 48 hours notice if you cannot attend an appointment and the normal session fee will apply where this is not given. You will need to settle your account before attending subsequent appointments. This is for three important reasons:
- You are more likely to prioritise your mental health and more likely, therefore, to make the progress you are hoping for.
- We only see a few people each day so when clients do not attend as planned it makes it difficult to operate a viable business.
- Without 48 hours notice it is difficult for clients on our waiting list to rearrange their commitments to book in the cancelled session.
Our current fee is $190 per session. If you have a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) through your GP, you will be eligible for a Medicare rebate of $84.80 per session up to 10 sessions per plan. Whilst you may need and be able to obtain more than one MHTP, you can only use 10 sessions in a calendar year. The MHTP is not applicable in every situation. If you are seeking a MHTP, remember to book an extended appointment with your GP.
Some clients have been told that a MHTP entitles them to free psychology sessions but this is not the case for our practice and for most other private practices. Perhaps your GP can refer you to a government, not-for-profit, or university clinic if you need a low or no-cost service.
I look forward to meeting with you and beginning a conversation to help you achieve the change you are hoping for. Please get in touch if you have questions!